T’was a whirlwind weekend at The International Food Bloggers Conference in Portland, Oregon. Between the schmoozing, the swag and the knowledge that I gained, I don’t know how I’ll be able to wait a whole year for the next event.
The very first thing I saw when I arrived was a table full of magical “pop-up straw” water bottles.
On Day One, I managed to find myself seated at what turned out to be “The Cool Kids Table” with several amazingly talented women. We ate, we tweeted, we conquered!
These are all incredibly smart and beautiful women, so please make sure to check out my new BFF’s. I hope to see them all next year at IFBC 2013.
- Jacquelyn Bauer, Blogger
- Vanessa Nix Anthony Freelance Writer, Speaker and Coach
- Janelle Maiocco Chef, Urban Farmer, Food Blogger
- Stacy Maxwell, Maxwell PR
- Megan Lust , Blogger
On Day Two, at a session that kept us all laughing and learning, SEOMoz’s CEO, Rand Fishkin purported his “shrimpy Jewishness”. Along with many other important blogging tips, he suggested using the EASY RECIPE Plug-in from WordPress. I don’t usually “do” recipes, but I’ll try anything once.
I was eager to check out the 3 in 1 avocado slicer from OXO, and it proved to be a fun and fantastic cooking tool that was a valuable asset in this simple and quick recipe.
Serving size: ¾ Cup
- 1 Package Hinode Heat and Serve Brown Rice (use long cooking sprouted rice if you prefer, but this is the Fast and EZ version)
- ¾ Cup Italian Popped Wheat *www.wheatspringsbakery.com
- 1 Tablespoon Oregon Salt *www.jacobsensalt.com
- 1 Bag Kale Chips *www.freshlywild.com
- 2-3 Ripe Avocados
- 1 onion, sliced into smallish pieces
- Drizzle Of Lemon Balsamic Glaze *www.belberry.com
- Cook Hinode rice in microwave* oven for 2 minutes.
- While you are waiting for the rice to cook, slice avocado with OXO slicer and cut onion into ½ pieces.
- pinch of Murray River salt.
- Gently toss everything together.
- Drizzle with glaze and try to make it pretty.