Disclosure: I have beenÂ compensatedÂ as aÂ Skyscanner AmbassadorÂ forÂ my participation in aÂ Blogger campaign. All opinions are my own, and aren’t they always?~Â @MyBigFatMouth
Move Over Yuppies. So LongÂ Hipsters.
There are some new COOL KIDS in town, and they areÂ called “Yuccies”.
Pronounced YUCK-IES, which doesn’t make them sound so awesome, we in fact know that theyÂ totally are.
Back in April 2015, Â Skyscanner, a leading global travel search site that offers an unbiased, comprehensive and free flight search service, as well as online comparisons for hotels and car rentals, ran their first #24hPeriscope project.Â
SkyscannerÂ worked together with 19 bloggers to cover 24 hours in 24 destinations around the globe.Â
In total, all together, the Bloggers produced 100 broadcasts, and reached out to 23,715 viewers withÂ nearly 2 million impressions on Twitter. It was an amazing first time experience for everyone involved.
Â #24HrPeriscopeÂ #YuccieCitiesÂ PART 2
I was super excited to be chosen for Skyscanner #24HrPeriscope Part 2.
Lucky me, my “job” would be to travel all over New YorkÂ toÂ blab about the greatest city in the world, toÂ Skyscanner’s Periscope audience.
As part of the NON-Stop Periscope feeds, all day long on July 24, 2015 from 8AM EST until 8AM July 25, my mission was to LIVE STREAM from Greenpoint, Brooklyn for one hour, and then show the sites of Williamsburg later that evening.
Highlighting the area whileÂ CHATTING with fans at the same time, plusÂ riding my bike aroundÂ New York’s largest boroughÂ wasn’t as easy as it looked, so I apologize in advance for any shaky camera work.Â
Yes, my selfie stick AKA iKlip Grip from IK Multimedia came in totally handy, and no it was not easy holding the stick and my bike handlebars simultaneously….
Let The Marathon Begin!
I started by letting my current twitter followers know what I was up to on my own Periscope channel. I did a “scope” about the upcoming scope via @Skyscanner. I also put out several tweets to let my twitter followers know what I and myÂ fellow Bloggers were up to.
Wish You Were Here- #24HrPeriscope #YuccieCities
- Â Belgrade, Serbia – @Skyscanner
- Â Leipzig, Germany – Annabel @Lady_Rosali annabelle-sagt.de
- Hamburg, Germany – AndreÂ @Bosch // boschblog.de + Anika @gert_pauly
- Â Barcelona, Spain – Jessica @HolaYessica // BarcelonaBlonde.com
- Â Milan, Italy – Valentina @viacolviaggio // viacolviaggio.it
- Stockholm, Sweden – Anna @skrivbryan // Turisterna.se
- Â Edinburgh, UK – Emily and AnnaÂ @Skyscanner
- Â Barcelona, Spain – Meritxell @tourismwithme // tourismwithme.com
- Â Rotterdam, Netherlands – Bjorn @Social_Traveler // thesocialtraveler.net
- Â London, UK – Simon Heyes @MrHeyes // simonsjamjar.com
- Â Sao Paulo, Brazil – Cris WerebeÂ @criswerebeÂ // roundtheworld.com.br
- Â New York, USA – Vicki WintersÂ @mybigfatmouthÂ // vickiwinters.com
- Â Sydney, Australia – JayneÂ @jayneytravels // @GirlTweetsWorld
- Â New York (2), USAÂ – Vicki WintersÂ @mybigfatmouthÂ //Â vickiwinters.com
- Melbourne, Australia – TaylahÂ @TaylahNilsson // taylahnilsson.com
- Sydney (2), Australia – KalindaÂ @Kalindaargh // @WeAreSydney
- Manila, Philippines – Vern + VerniceÂ @VernEncisco +Â @VernieceEnciscoÂ //Â vernverniece.com
- Yogyakarta, Indonesia – FirstaÂ @FirstaDYI // DiscoverYourIndonesia
- Jakarta, Indonesia – Alexander Thian // @amrazing
- Singapore – Hendric TayÂ @PohtecktoesÂ // pohtecktoes.com
- St Petersburg, Russia – RenataÂ @RenataShulga
- Cape Town, South Africa – Ishay @Foodandthefab // FoodAndTheFabulous
- Â London, UK – Dylan Lowe @travelingeditor // thetravellingeditor.com
- Antwerp, Belgium – VincentÂ @strutterviewÂ @_thisisantwerp_ // strutterview.comÂ thisisantwerp.be
Thanks, Skyscanner! I had a blast onÂ Skyscanner Periscope Channel, chatting with my own viewers, plus meeting new people from all over the world, which is one of the things I love most about Periscope.TAWK TO ME!
- Stay tuned for some Periscope videos of my excursion. It really gives new meaning to “Wish You Were Here”.
Please be sure to check out SKYSCANNER for all of your travel needs too!