Disclosure: I have been compensated as a Skyscanner Ambassador for my participation in a Blogger campaign. All opinions are my own, and aren’t they always?~ @MyBigFatMouth
Move Over Yuppies. So Long Hipsters.
There are some new COOL KIDS in town, and they are called “Yuccies”.
Pronounced YUCK-IES, which doesn’t make them sound so awesome, we in fact know that they totally are.
Back in April 2015, Skyscanner, a leading global travel search site that offers an unbiased, comprehensive and free flight search service, as well as online comparisons for hotels and car rentals, ran their first #24hPeriscope project.
Skyscanner worked together with 19 bloggers to cover 24 hours in 24 destinations around the globe.
In total, all together, the Bloggers produced 100 broadcasts, and reached out to 23,715 viewers with nearly 2 million impressions on Twitter. It was an amazing first time experience for everyone involved.
#24HrPeriscope #YuccieCities PART 2
I was super excited to be chosen for Skyscanner #24HrPeriscope Part 2.
Lucky me, my “job” would be to travel all over New York to blab about the greatest city in the world, to Skyscanner’s Periscope audience.
As part of the NON-Stop Periscope feeds, all day long on July 24, 2015 from 8AM EST until 8AM July 25, my mission was to LIVE STREAM from Greenpoint, Brooklyn for one hour, and then show the sites of Williamsburg later that evening.
Highlighting the area while CHATTING with fans at the same time, plus riding my bike around New York’s largest borough wasn’t as easy as it looked, so I apologize in advance for any shaky camera work.
Yes, my selfie stick AKA iKlip Grip from IK Multimedia came in totally handy, and no it was not easy holding the stick and my bike handlebars simultaneously….
Let The Marathon Begin!
I started by letting my current twitter followers know what I was up to on my own Periscope channel. I did a “scope” about the upcoming scope via @Skyscanner. I also put out several tweets to let my twitter followers know what I and my fellow Bloggers were up to.
Wish You Were Here- #24HrPeriscope #YuccieCities
- Belgrade, Serbia – @Skyscanner
- Leipzig, Germany – Annabel @Lady_Rosali annabelle-sagt.de
- Hamburg, Germany – Andre @Bosch // boschblog.de + Anika @gert_pauly
- Barcelona, Spain – Jessica @HolaYessica // BarcelonaBlonde.com
- Milan, Italy – Valentina @viacolviaggio // viacolviaggio.it
- Stockholm, Sweden – Anna @skrivbryan // Turisterna.se
- Edinburgh, UK – Emily and Anna @Skyscanner
- Barcelona, Spain – Meritxell @tourismwithme // tourismwithme.com
- Rotterdam, Netherlands – Bjorn @Social_Traveler // thesocialtraveler.net
- London, UK – Simon Heyes @MrHeyes // simonsjamjar.com
- Sao Paulo, Brazil – Cris Werebe @criswerebe // roundtheworld.com.br
- New York, USA – Vicki Winters @mybigfatmouth // vickiwinters.com
- Sydney, Australia – Jayne @jayneytravels // @GirlTweetsWorld
- New York (2), USA – Vicki Winters @mybigfatmouth // vickiwinters.com
- Melbourne, Australia – Taylah @TaylahNilsson // taylahnilsson.com
- Sydney (2), Australia – Kalinda @Kalindaargh // @WeAreSydney
- Manila, Philippines – Vern + Vernice @VernEncisco + @VernieceEncisco // vernverniece.com
- Yogyakarta, Indonesia – Firsta @FirstaDYI // DiscoverYourIndonesia
- Jakarta, Indonesia – Alexander Thian // @amrazing
- Singapore – Hendric Tay @Pohtecktoes // pohtecktoes.com
- St Petersburg, Russia – Renata @RenataShulga
- Cape Town, South Africa – Ishay @Foodandthefab // FoodAndTheFabulous
- London, UK – Dylan Lowe @travelingeditor // thetravellingeditor.com
- Antwerp, Belgium – Vincent @strutterview @_thisisantwerp_ // strutterview.com thisisantwerp.be
Thanks, Skyscanner! I had a blast on Skyscanner Periscope Channel, chatting with my own viewers, plus meeting new people from all over the world, which is one of the things I love most about Periscope.
- Stay tuned for some Periscope videos of my excursion. It really gives new meaning to “Wish You Were Here”.
Please be sure to check out SKYSCANNER for all of your travel needs too!